Monday, December 31, 2012

goodbye 2012

Another year has come and gone, and no matter how hard you try, one can't help but become nostalgic and reflect no matter how clique it might seem. This years has brought so many challenges, and blessings to my family, friends, and myself. Here's to the blessings for 2012, and the blessings to come in the new year.

Without 2012, I would not have:
-my blog
-my wonderful fiance! Mike popped the question, and we are well on our way to getting hitched after eight years together {a wedding is an wonderful thing to look forward to in 2013}.
-the time that I got to spend with my family, even with all the loss in our lives, there were still some awesome high points. I got to hear my Grandma Wilson laugh, tell my Grandpa that I loved him {and tell him that I was newly engaged}, and got to spend time with the whole South Dakota crew. Without my crazy, fun, supportive family, I would be lost. 
-babies! My family, co-worker and my friends welcomed babies into their families this year, and thankfully I have gotten a chance to spend time with all of them. 

What 2013 will bring:
-Mike and I finally getting married
-residency match day, so we can finally plan for the future 
-a med-school graduation for Mike
... and that's just the first half of the year!

And to end this year, the way the Wilson family ends every year, a birthday party for my Dad! The old guy turns 60 today. This year I think that I have appreciated him more than any other year before. He is such a strong loving person. I honestly couldn't have picked a better dad if I tried. 


 Happy New Year to all! Be safe and happy in this year and the next. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment