Wednesday, September 12, 2012

guest room plans

Since moving we have an extra room/ office/ home for all the boxes we haven't unpacked. I really have been motivated to get this room looking better, and useable recently {probably the extra day off in my work week, which hopefully is coming to an end}.

For some reason I have this idea in my head for a day bed. The second room isn't too big, and Mike and I each have a work space in there. I thought that a day bed makes the most sense for the space that we have, but looking for a day bed is not looking good. I have been checking different websites {typical discount sites: ikea, target, walmart, overstock, etc.} but with no luck.

Then the new Ikea catalog came in the mail and I got instant inspiration. Purple is everywhere. Both Mike and I L-O-V-E purple {I mean we have a dog named Violet}. There was a purple chaise, purple curtains, purple glass bottles... I think that you get my point. There was also this gem:

via

Done. Planned. Ideas circulating in my cranium. Love the colors, the pattern is light and airy, but not too feminine. There is so more from Ikea that I have my eye on:


Cart for organization. I do think that it would be a really neat "bar cart." Picture glasses, select boozes, and ice bucket and other cocktail tools. 

FRASERA Whiskey glass IKEA The glass is large and feels nice to hold because of its weight.
via
I know you can see those glasses on the "bar cart."
So I did end up finding a daybed that I really like {for the price} that looks very similar to a bed that Pottery Barn carried. I do think that I may paint it, and it would definitely need a bed skirt, but Mike doesn't care for it. He saw another one on the same site, but it was not what I had been envisioning for the space. Let me know what you think, keep in mind the bedding color and style pictured above.

Mike's pick





2 comments:

  1. That's a tough pick. I like yours because it's simple and has nice clean lines. I do think that you'll make it look better than what the picture shows. It looks like it's high off the ground so it'll make for good storage under it too. Mikes choice is nice too. I bet you could do a lot with the wood frame too and it looks to be more durable. I still haven't seen your place so when it gets all put together you'll have to have a party :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that the verdict is in, I love my pick. So that is what it shall be.

      Delete