Wednesday, October 3, 2012

polish please | scotch tape heart



The other day when I was waltzing through the craft store I passed the scrap booking area, and something caught my eye. It's wasn't paper, stickers or punches, it was a tool that I haven't had in a LONG time that I had on my mind for a while {but always seemed to forget}. So I grabbed it and put it in my basket; my X-acto knife! I know to most people this doesn't seem too exciting, but for me... I was pumped.

It seems that lately all that I do is my nails, although that should change here shortly {I have some new DIY decor plans in the works}. So naturally I used my knife to cut a heart shaped stencil for my nails. It was really very easy, and you could use this technique to create whatever design you want {as long as you have X-acto skills}.

First place a piece of scotch tape on a surface that you can cut into, I used an old gift card. Then draw with pen or sharpie the shape that you want on your nail. I traced the heart a few times until I got a shape that I was happy with.

Next you use your AMAZING X-acto knife to cut out the shape. It is important to preserve the outer part of the stencil that you are creating. The middle shape {the heart} will not be used, so you can cut into that area if you need to get into tight spots, make a clean point, or round the edges.

Once the stencil is cut, just position it onto the nail and add the color of your choice. Carefully peel away the stencil and you can use it again on another nail. Quick, easy and cute!


2 comments: