Monday, October 1, 2012

pinspiration | bows & buns

I am always looking for something new to do with my hair. I get bored easily, and if I can't find something interesting to do with my hair, I'll end up cutting it all off just for a change. I have long wavy/curly {depending upon the day/weather} hair that sometimes will not behave. I have put together some things that I have found on pinterest and tried, and liked! Some of these styles you can even do with wet/ damp hair. And all pf the styles can be achieved {if not made better} with "dirty" hair. 

The bow bun is so cute, and so easy that I wonder why I haven't seen it until recently. Although you could not style your hair in this fashion while wet, you could have curly, wavy or straight hair and end up with an adorable look.
 
how to make a bow bun--awesome and so easy ! 

The sock bun is my new best buddy! This may be a style that I go to a little too much, but it is so easy. I usually bust this out when I don't feel like waiting for my hair to dry all the way in the morning. While it is damp, I can throw it up into the sock bun and head out the door.

 Summer sock bun hair tutorial.
via

This next look is just modifying the sock bun to make it a little more special and unexpected. Just flip your head upside down and french braid from the nape of your neck to where you want your bun to sit {the higher on your head the better}. I have tried this sans sock, with teasing my hair to add volume and pinning my hair as I go. The sock bun is definitely the way to go for a full, fun, "bun-head" look. 

 cute 

Maybe it's because my mom bought my the book "Silver Slippers" when I was little, and enrolled my in dance class, but I have always admired a big beautiful bun. Hopefully you will feel as inspired pinspired as me, and try some of these looks out for yourself. Let me know if you have tried any of these styles or what other styles worked for you.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment