Wednesday, October 17, 2012

eight years


As of today Mike and I have been together for eight years! It seems like such a long time when you say it out loud, but really I feel like time whizzed by. This past year has been very hard for the two of us, we have both been through a lot. The third year of medical school was the most time consuming; we spent the least amount of time together. This year was full of 24 hour on-calls, tests, and who knows what else {doctor stuff grosses me out, I am VERY squeamish, so he shares most of what he actually does with everyone who is not me}.

This year was the most trying year I have had. I lost two grandparents within three weeks. This was a very sad, emotional time for my family, and myself. We were all trying to support each other and had to remember to take care of yourselves as well. I had never experienced a loss this great, and Mike and I had a hard time finding balance through this tough time. 

It is amazing that we can still learn and grow with each other. No matter how big or small we talk though anything that comes our way {although it may not be right away or with the nicest words}. We love each other and I am so happy that I have Mike in my life, and that we have had these wonderful eight years together.

Here is to many more happy years to come!

circa 2005

1 comment:

  1. Happy anniversary! I too find it strange how time can seem like a long and short span at the same time. Eight tears. How did that happen? Go celebrate!

    ReplyDelete