Wednesday, October 24, 2012

polish please | the grey ombré

I have seen ombré nails all over pinterest and on blogs that I follow like this one, but I was always too intimidated to give it a whirl... until the other day. I will admit, this wasn't a "WOW" mani {almost no one at work even noticed, and usually someone makes a comment when I am dawning a new color}. But the beauty was in the simplicity. 

I was really feeling black and grey when I sat down that night to change my polish. I decided to be bold, and give ombré a try, I mean what is the worst that can happen? Well, the worst is that you have to remove your polish and start over. I know, not really a big deal.


So here is how it went. I painted all my nails with a base coat and used OPI "French Quarter for Your Thoughts" as a base color. I used a paper plate as a palette and a brush from a crummy top coat that I never use to mix together darker shades of grey. Starting on both of my pinkies I painted two coats of my base color. I next dropped five drops of the grey onto the plate and added three drops of Sally Hansen's Extreme Wear "Black Out," mixed together and applied to both of my ringer fingers. The next mix was five parts grey to six parts black, and so on across every nail. 

It was very subtle, and actually quite easy. Maybe next time I will finish off with a matte top coat instead of the high shine.



No comments:

Post a Comment