Sunday, October 7, 2012

polish please | arizona art


I was hoping to post about the mani that I gave myself for my friends wedding that I attended this weekend, but it turned out to be an EPIC fail. I am having SOOOO much fun with the striping tape that finally arrived from China, but I am by no means a pro yet.

I wanted to do something subtle and classic for the wedding {any pic that I am in will be around for quite a while}. I wanted to recreate this mani, it was perfect; mine was not. It all started out great, and looked very good. It dried, and everything was staying put, until I took a shower. After that, the mani was coming apart at the seams. The tape buckled and pulled up on all nails, but the middle fingers {the nail gods were trying to tell me something}. Fortunately my mega best friend Shawna came to the rescue, and I borrowed her black to go over the peeled off mess. 



Here is Mike and I just after the quick polish fix.


And my mega best friend who saved the day!



I thought that I should leave you all with a successful mani, and a tribute to the great state of Arizona. I love my stamping plates, and metallic polishes transfer VERY well.  


2 comments:

  1. A) that mani is tres chic...aka awesome.
    B) you look super hot in that dress! I suppose Mike looks good too.


    :)

    ReplyDelete