Thursday, November 1, 2012

i said yes!

I know that I promised the other day that I would get back to everyone with details about my exciting weekend, and that I had news a details of what transpired to post on Wednesday, but let's face it... I was late! I swear, I have a good reason.

This past weekend Mike popped the question, we are now officially engaged! And I am so EXCITED!

Mike had planned a trip to Flagstaff for our anniversary for this past weekend. I went into this weekend very hopeful that something great would come of it, and thankfully it did. Mike isn't usually the planner out of the two of us. When it comes to outings/ dates he has his say, but I am usually the one to initiate the conversation, especially when it comes to trips to Flag. We meet in Flagstaff the first week of college and have been together pretty much ever since. I fell in love with Flag the first time I visited, and new that I wanted to live in the amazing town for at least the duration of higher education. When Mike started applying for medical school, I knew that my love affair with Flagstaff would have to come to an end, but that we could still see each other on the side. 

Maybe even a moth before the trip, Mike asked what I wanted to do for out eighth anniversary. When I had no suggestions other than dinner, Mike mentioned that we should try to go to Flagstaff and that I should request time off for a weekend trip. This weekend worked perfectly for both of us. Mike was in between blocks, and there weren't any other manager requesting the weekend off. 

The week leading up was very busy for me, and filled with early days {which I am not necessarily fond of, or good at}and a lot more on my plate at work than normal. By Friday I was so happy that the weekend and our trip arrived.   

We headed up to Flag and spent the first part of our day walking around down town, eating at Mountain Oasis, picking up coffee at Late for the Train, and walking around campus. 










After our walking tour of Flagstaff we headed to the hotel to get ready for dinner at the most amazing restaurant, and the place where we went for our first anniversary, Josephine's. I can honestly tell you that I haven't had a better meal before in my life. This restaurant is in a converted, cute, old craftsman style house and we ended up in the same room where we ate seven years earlier. Mike meal was good, he ordered the special, but let me tell you mine was GREAT!



After the meal we went back to the hotel and I could tell that Mike was acting a little different {I thought that it might have been the VERY strong Manhattan that he had with dinner} but it turns out her was getting ready to pop the question. It seemed like it happened so fast, but in slow motion at the same time. He got down on one knee, and I cried. It was perfect. 

So after sharing the news with family and friends, I wanted to share it with the world. Let the planning begin!


No comments:

Post a Comment