Monday, November 5, 2012

baby shower

This past weekend my mega best friend Shawna threw a baby shower for our friends at her house, and I got to help! Michelle and Omer are the first of our friends to have a baby, and with that knowledge, you know that this baby is going to be spoiled rotten. 

Shawna and I came up with at theme for the shower food, kids favorites! So at this Jack-and-Jill shower we had pigs in a blanket, mac 'n' cheese, PB&J {with the crust cut off}, and cupcakes! We also had fruit salad, and an amazing salad that Omer brought.



Papa and Momma!
Since it was a co-ed shower we wanted to make sure that the boys had as much fun as the girls. We stayed away from some of the shower games that you typically see {and there was no way that I was going to eat melted candy bars out of diapers}. Shawna put together a "how many babies in the bottle" guesstimate game, like the great teacher that she is, and we decorated onesies for baby Alex. I forgot to get a picture of the onesies, but some of our friends have a sick hilarious sense of humor that thankfully Michelle and Omer appreciate {Let's just say there was a g-string, a flaming skull, and the phrase "They shake me" adorning different onesies.}


Mike got very into shopping for the baby, and  think that we went a little overboard, but baby Alex is totally worth it. The adorable theme for Alex's nursery is outer space, and we knew that we wanted to get something to help decorate the nursery. We decided on a mobile, but this was easier said than done. It seems as though one cannot find a mobile at the typical baby stores that doesn't have some sort of animal dangling from it. This is not a bad thing, but not what we were looking for.

 
So I started doing some research and the only thing that I could find that matched the theme were ones like this and this on Etsy that were beautiful but a little spendy. So I went to my new favorite store Hobby Lobby to get the raw materials to create something for Alex. {More details on how to make the mobile will pop up in a later post.}

the mobile was a hit
Congrats to Omer and Michelle! We are all so happy for you and your growing family!

I did want to leave everyone with a bingo sheet filled out by Shawna's husband, a game that we played as the gifts were opened. Needless to say, Shawna is NOT letting Dan register for baby gifts on his own when the time comes...
I don't know why, but the "cordless power drill" really cracks me up.

 

1 comment:

  1. These are lovely pictures, the baby shower must have been an enjoyable event. Great work with the good food and entertaining games. I’m also planning a baby shower for my daughter, but I won’t have much space to host the event at my house. Luckily I found an affordable party space at one of the Chicago venues where I will be organizing the shower.

    ReplyDelete