Thursday, November 8, 2012

loss

As I had mentioned in an earlier post, this year has been tough for me... and for my family. Just under six months ago we lost the most incredible woman to walk the earth when my grandmother passed away. She was a strong, loving, nurturing person who put all others before her. She raised eight kids and took care of her younger siblings when she was still a teenager after the passing of her mother. She also did an amazing job with all of her grandchildren {I consider myself incredibly lucky to have known her, let alone be one of her grandkids. She loved her grandchildren more than anything else in the world.}

This week, my grandpa joined my grandma and left this life. He was a strong man who lived a hard life, but always sought out joy {in his own way}. We lived states apart and spent a lot of time apart, but had a huge connection that nothing could stop. Whenever I went to visit my grandparents, it always felt like I was at home. This I will forever miss. 

A week before my grandpa passed I called him to let him know the good news that I had {our engagement}. This was something that I dreamed about telling my grandma; she would have been so happy for us. I am so glad that I got this moment with my grandpa, and that I got to share something good with him, something happy. 

Now they are together again. 

Grandma and Grandpa Wilson, I love you both so mush and miss you more than you will ever know. You both make such a huge impact on my life. I look up to both of you, and hope that I can create what a part of what you two had. I'll keep an eye on everyone for you.




No comments:

Post a Comment