Tuesday, September 4, 2012

upcycled glass bottle

I was wondering around Cost Plus World Market {yes I like to say the entire name every time} aimlessly, without a care in the world when I stumbled into a display of soda. There were all kinds of flavors, brands, and bottles. I wanted the soda for the sake of soda, but after drinking the bubbly concoctions, I thought that I should hang onto the bottles and use them for something. This is where it took me.

I peeled off as much of the labels as I could, and then put olive oil on cotton makeup pads. I let the oil soak into the sticky, caked on adhesive and then easily rubbed it off. The bottles that I had had two different types of labels, paper and sticker. The olive oil worked great on both, and the best part is that it is actually good for your skin, unlike goo-gone or other chemical cleaners. After I removed all the adhesive I washed the bottles with dish soap, and let them dry.
 

The flowers were an Ikea find from my last haul down there. They were just over a buck each. I pick up six with the bottle vases in mind. They were all the same length, so I took wire snips and cut off a half an inch to an inch off the bottom of three of the flowers.


 

So here is the dining room with the new table, reupholstered chairs, and bottle centerpiece. I would like to add something to the floor to make it more colorful in this room. Maybe I will make a floor mat. What do you think?




1 comment: