Thursday, May 23, 2013

while i was away

The past few weeks have been quite a whirl wind. There is so much that has happened that I need to share with the blogging world.

As everyone knows, Mike and I got married in a lovely ceremony in my parents backyard. I want to have a dedicated post just for all that went I to our special day... but I also want to include photos. So you all have to wait a little bit longer for that post.

A week after we were married, Mike graduated from medical school. I was so excited for him, and so proud that after all of his hard work, time, and energy he can finally be called a doctor. For him, and a lot of his classmates it seemed as though this day wasn't as exciting as when they received their residency match information, but for family... this was awesome. Like most commencement ceremonies there were some speeches that were a little long winded, and there was lots is waiting. The class president had a wonderful speech, and then the hooding began. Before you knew it, all the students were declared doctors, and the celebrating began.

This past Friday was my birthday, so I decided to have a little shindig to celebrate. Nothing major, just some friends, food, drink, and board games {one of my very favorite things}. I hadn't had a birthday party since I was twelve, and it was so nice to be able to have all of our friends over, without having them surrounded be wedding décor.

The one thing that I have not been doing is PAINTING MY NAILS! Well, that is not 100% accurate. I have painted my nails once since removing the polish from my last post. But I haven't done anything special. So hopefully tomorrow I can get back into the swing of things. And back into blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment