Sunday, February 3, 2013

polish please | atomic orange

I don't know about everyone else, but I had a lovely day today. Super Bowl Sunday is one of the SLOWEST days that you can get working retail, and today was no exception. If the the bowl didn't keep people in, the the Waste Management Phoenix Open, and the afternoon rain sure did. I always volunteer to work every Super Bowl because, let's face it... I am NOT a football fan. I would much rather watch the puppy bowl! 

It is nice knowing that you are going to have a slow day heading into work, you can map our your day, and get SO MUCH DONE. This year was made even better when we finally had a guest walk into the store around six p.m. and say, "There is almost no one out their shopping, I guess someone said that there is some sort of big sports game on today." I kid you not, that was real! 

After my leisurely day at work, I decided to head over to Target since I needed some more nail polish remover {something that I can go through quite quickly}. Target was nearly EMPTY! I love a nice relaxing stroll through Target to wind down after work. I had planned on just getting the remover, but couldn't help but make a pit stop over in the women's clothing. I resisted, and was very proud that I didn't pick ANYTHING up, but then... the shoes. It's not my fault that I was just thinking that I don't have any "Spring-like" ballet flats, and flats happened to be buy one get one 50% off! I picked up these two beauties:


I know they are totally adorable, comfy, and completely necessary in my life!

After I picked up these cuties, I thought that I should end my evening with some new polish. So I grabbed OPI Atomic Orange, a polish that I picked up last week when Ulta was having a polish sale.


How awesome is this color?!? I think that it is even prettier in person. I am not a huge "orange person." But for some reason I really love this color. I also got a chance to try my other latest purchase, Essie First Base Coat. The top coat that I use {and love} is Essie Good to Go, and I love it. I have tried a few different top coats, and just really love the consistency, and true rapid dry quality that this top coat has. I hope that I like the base coat just as well.


I never knew that safety orange could look so good!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment