Tuesday, January 29, 2013

wedding planning weekend

I had Friday and Sunday off this past weekend, which was wonderful for wedding planning. Friday started with a meeting with my mom, we went over some ideas for setting up for the reception and how we are going to set up the ceremony. We also went over ideas for decor, and may have even finalized some plans. We wrote down a list of places that we were going to go that day which included Costco, A.J.'s and The Home Depot... yes that is right, HOME DEPOT!

I have heard great things about Costco's flowers, but didn't really know anything about them. I started researching online where they have pre-made collections where you can chose the colors, and pieces that you need, and they are shipped to you. 

I deciede to stop in at Costco and get some more information from the store {I always prefer speaking with someone face-to-face, a lot of the time they tell you things that you may not have even thought of.}. My mom and I stopped in, and were very happy to find an actual person at the flowers! Janice was super helpful, and incredibly nice. She had so much information and ideas, I think that this could be the best option for our budget, but we can still get great looking flowers. Here is a little "insta dump" of some of what I saw at Costco.
 
purple, green and white
gerbera dasies
spider mums
hydrangeas
After Costco we headed to A.J.'s the cake decorator was so nice, and energetic! It was obvious that she loved her job and was more than happy to help and make whatever we want. I still need to schedule a tasting, but I am really excited to get our cake from A.J.'s.

Lastly, on Sunday Mike and I met with officiant, who we both loved, and made it official. It's almost like we actually have a wedding in the works. Getting some of these things accomplished is really taking a load off my mind. I am no longer a little ball of stress, woohoo!



2 comments:

  1. Oo I love all of those! They all seem like very "happy" flowers. So are you ditching the paper flowers idea?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that I may have to 86 the paper flowers. If i had more time to get all of this done, then I totally would make paper EVERYTHING!

    ReplyDelete