Monday, March 4, 2013

desert botanical garden

This weekend was a fun and busy one. Saturday was my bridal shower thrown by my mega best friend, and my family.

 It. Was. Wonderful. 

But more on that later. I was also lucky enough to have one of my aunts visiting, so of course we needed to do something fun, and take advantage of the beautiful weather. Today we went to the Desert Botanical Garden. I never get sick of that place. I have been maybe a dozen times in my life. A few times for school, and countless times with my family. Such a pretty way to spend a day, and the breeze that was sweeping through the valley today was just the right thing that we needed.

Here is a little peek at what we got to see today...







 Closest I have ever been to a roadrunner. He really put on a show for us, posing for pictures and everything.



Then there was a very interesting art installation; the four seasons were represented by these sculptures.

 Winter

 Spring

 Summer

 Autumn

They sure were interesting, and let me tell you... EVERYONE was taking pictures for these guys. 

Diane, I had so much fun while you were here. So happy that I got to spend the day with you and my mom!

1 comment:

  1. Your photos turned out so nice! I think I may need a few to frame! It was a fun day.

    ReplyDelete